Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monastery stays in Italy: less spartan than you might imagine

via Wikipedia Commons
For a few years now I have been trying to persuade my mom to go to Italy with me. A little bit of a sticking point has been my suggestion that we stay at convents, which are cheap and plentiful lodging places in Rome especially. "But I like luxury," she says. You have to admire her candor.

If you are thinking of staying at a convent or monastery while traveling in Europe, this article will answer most of your questions and help you set it up. And if you are trying to persuade someone to go with you, this will reassure him or her that they are perfectly nice places to stay. The only drawback is that you may not have internet or TV in your room and, as the article mentions, that's not always the case anymore.
Pin It

No comments: